14 April 2009

Tombstone Tuesday - Mary Ellen (Hayes) Roe



This is a tribute to my Grandmother, Mary Ellen (Hayes) Roe.

I received two wonderful gifts this Easter. I had put out two requests for pictures of the headstone of my Mom's mother, Mary and my Dad's parents. Both were sent to me the same day, on Easter Sunday. I'll post the headstone of my Dad's parents next week.

You can read more about Mary Ellen on her Find-A-Grave Memorial. She was a remarkable woman. Tough as nails but I found a closeness to her. I think because I respected her. She didn't give her love easily and freely to just anyone. But those she loved she truly loved. We lost her to cancer just a few days before I graduated from high school. It was a bitter sweet time for me.




No comments:

Followers

Twitter Followers

BlogCatalog