11 February 2009

iGene Awards

It's been a rough year for me to post very often. I was hoping to be able to go back to staying at home with the chidlren and enjoying my hobbies of genealgoy and quilting. But it didn't work that way. No sooner did I quit work and go home with the children when once again by husband was out of work. Fortunately for us it only took a phone call to get my old job back, and six weeks later I was back to being spread thin. And no I can only wished it had the same effect on my butt.

So I've had to dig a little deeper than just 2008 to fill all of these catagories. So here they are the iGene awards for Untangled Family Roots.

  • Best Picture - I guess this would have to go to the digital scrap book I did of my husband's Conner family. I'm quit proud of it. You'll have to flip through the pages of the book to see all the photos and the scrapbooking. The Connor History
  • Best Screen Play - I really enjoyed doing this two part post. I was about the lives of mine and my husband's ancestors 100 years ago. Where were your Ancestors 100 years ago, 1908? and More of our families 100 years of history. I hope you enjoy reading about thier interesting lives as much as I enjoy discovering them
  • Best Documentry - Now this is a project that I began back in 2007 with the posting of One more off my list about the old Paupers Cemetery near my home. I continued the project in 2008 when I found the time with the second phase, which was to began writing the life stories of those buried at the cemetery with this post, Kootenai County, Pauper Cemetery and Paupers Cemetery , Post Falls, ID. Then of course I began to write about each invidual, including John Edward Davis in the next catagory
  • Best Biography- John Edward Davis. In my research of the Kootenai county Cemetery aka Old Paupers Cemetery I have been blessed to discover a granddaughter of one of the interned, John Edward Davis. I did a three part posting about his life. He is the only one at the cemetery who has a headstone remaining. Some of the family still lives locally as well. Her are the posts. John Edward Davis, Buried at Paupers Cemetery , A little bit more, and the icing on the cake A Face to the Name
  • Best Comedy - I guess this would have to go to Walking in Lewis and Clark's foot steps . It's not really genealogy, except for a little tid bit on the towns history. But the kids and I took a trip on the road about three hours from home with my husband when he was driving truck. It was very interesting to say the least. Nothing like feeling like you back in the old days washing your clothes by hand.

I hope you enjoy all of these as much as I enjoy researching and writing about them.

No comments:

Followers

Twitter Followers

BlogCatalog